Saturday, November 19, 2016

Another Birthright Conversion Update

Today I've completed version 0.4.0 of the Birthright 5E conversion document. You can find it here.

I've added conversions for all core rule book realm spells and plan to add a few more of my own design. I reviewed a number of the ones from the Book of Magecraft and the Book of Priestcraft and found them unsuitable for my conversion purposes -- many of them introduce additional crunch into an already mechanics-heavy bolt-on for 5th Edition, and I wasn't too keen on making this even more impenetrable for those who want to use it.

It's also approaching a whopping 100 pages. Yowza!

Hope it's useful for people, and I'd love to hear any about any feedback or bugs you might find in it. I haven't had the opportunity to get a group together to playtest any of it, particularly the quick battle-resolution mechanics. If anything seems obtuse or irrelevant, I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.

As always, I don't intend to package this (or anything else I convert) up for sale on the DM's Guild for obvious reasons. Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment